Google
 

Monday, April 16, 2007

I just love caricatures!

It’s always fascinating to see how someone sees us. And isn’t it fascinating to see how a cartoonist sees us? If you’re sporting, it is fascinating. Otherwise it won't be amusing! You can’t hide your long nose(as in my case). You can’t pretend to be smart when you’re dumb(again my case? haha!) Cartoonists see them all! They'll reveal the REAL YOU in their caricatures.

But it’s great fun, if you can accept a little bit of masti!
Have you seen yourself in caricature? Try it sometime.

I love to draw caricatures. For people its just about seeing someone in funny drawings. But finding funny physical features in someone is no big deal. The real challenge is to peep into someone’s personality and discover a funny side. It’s hard, unless you know that person to a certain extent.

When I caricature celebrities, I have no choice, but to rely on the personality I see on tv or read in papers. I really don’t know them personally (In some cases, media bares every inch of a celebrity’s life!). But if you follow them keenly, it’s not tough to find a funnier side to any personality.

Here are some of the caricatures I have done. Some are done in real hurry to meet Midday’s deadline. Hope to post some of the better caricatures in the future.
(If someone wants to have his/her caricature they can mail their pic with email id on my id aaryaa24@gmail.com. But please don’t hurry! And I'll be choosy too, funnier the better)


























6 comments:

Suco de Cérebro said...

great blog!
are you from India?
i love to learn more about another cultures from their cartoonists
i feel i´m not being lied to :)
anyway
great great stuff here
Peace from Brasil!

sat said...

thanks a lot. Yes, i'm from India. Would love to spread Indian culture through my cartoons.
Thanks for visiting the blog and keep visiting!

Love and Peace from India

Kenjoor said...

Good Works...Keep It Up....

Regarsd
Arun Shetty Kenjoor

Kenjoor said...

Good Works....Keep It up

Regards
Arun Shetty Kenjoor.

sat said...

thanks arun
keep visiting the blog

Shashi Dodderi said...

great wow - each of them up to perfection may be much more observation and reading more may help but being in mumbai- you will never run out of subject