Google
 

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Welcome to Cartoonist's world!


wow!
this world is fantastic!

I love this cyberspace which connects me to billions of people all over the globe.
Look at the possibilities, I can show my cartoons to billions of netizens!
I can deliver smiles too! I hope my cartoons bring smiles on their faces.


Hmm...well, this is Satish Acharya, a cartoonist working with an English tabloid, Mid-day in Mumbai, India. I'm not supposed to be a cartoonist, if you're a purist! I have no training in drawing, no certificate in journalism(atleast I think cartooning is a strong branch of journalism)!

But if you have a passion for something and determined to toil, no profession is alien!


Looking back, I feel so proud of the moment I decided to take up cartooning as a profession. I just love to draw cartoons! As a kid, I never imagined that someone will pay me for drawing cartoons! Thanks to all the great cartoonists like Laxman, Mario, Ninan etc whose cartoons I tried to copy, I can call myself a cartoonist. Amazing journey!


Hey, that's enough for an intro. Isn't it?

Why not let my cartoons do the talking, instead?


Welcome to my world, a cartoonist's world!

Hope, I can deliver smiles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
i may not be the right person to comment as i have been following ur cartoons for the past 2-3 months only,but i would definitely want to compliment that so far i'v found all ur cartoons wonderful..they have this subtle sense of humour with a bit of sarcasm in them..keep up the good work! and bring more smiles to people..bhagwan tum jaise logon ka bhala kare jo logon ko hasaate hain! one small question..y do the male characters in ur cartoons hav so much hair on their body?!!just kiddin!

sat said...

thanks a lot for the wishes and compliments. I would have been more happy if you revealed your name also.
As far as the hair is concerned, these little details give characters life!
thanks again